question

Duncan Hall avatar image
Duncan Hall asked

MultiPlus Compact 12/1600/70-16 firmware update problem

This afternoon I attempted to update my MultiPlus Compact 12/1600/70-16 to the latest version via vrm.

It go so far then lost contact with the multiplus.

I have updated software numerous times but this time it lost contact with the Mk3. It had downloaded the configuration file but lost contact after that.

I have tried connecting directly with the multiplus via VEconfig but it does not find the device. I have had problems with the mk3 connecting recently which may be the problem.

Currently the venus device cannot see the multiplus and charging is disabled. It acts as an inverter but does not charge. It does pass through the AC.

I tried setting it up voltages via the dip switches but that does not enable the charger.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Duncan Hall avatar image
Duncan Hall answered ·

It appears that the usb cable attached to the mk3 has failed . Does anyone know the spec of the cable.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Duncan Hall

It is quite an easy fix if you are decent with soldering iron, you can crack open the mk3 and check the connections there.

0 Likes 0 ·