question

shawncraig31 avatar image
shawncraig31 asked

Compatible mppt

Hello, I have the mppt 150/70 was going to use this for an array on the roof of rv. Have a couple of 88 w panels that I was going to use as a suitcase array. I don’t need a big controller for the second but the small mppt’s don’t have a can port to daisy chain to the 150/70. What options do I have to make the suitcase communicate with the normal controller. Thank you

MPPT ControllersVE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Shawncraig31

There is always the option of a smart network. It would require a battery sense or a shunt.

Do you need to limit charge current for any reason? If not then in all honesty synchronization is not a complety necessary thing.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shawncraig31 avatar image
shawncraig31 answered ·

I have the smart shunt. Just wanting to be able for everything to commute properly. If I run a be direct cable to cerbo does this then I’m good to go. I just don’t know if it will

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

VE.direct to Cerbo for bothe MPPTs will work.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Smart Networking Manual