question

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE asked

How to reset EVCS Bluetooth PIN?

Hello,
I was connected to the EVCS and it was working for some weeks.
Suddenly VC is asking for the PIN but its not working anymore.

So I want to reset the PIN but there is no PUK on the Sticker and no option to do that via web interface.

I also ask a colleague to try it with no luck.

We also have a problem that the EVCS (one of the first units) is sometimes not reachable in the network. I normally just restarted it via VC but now I have to turn off the circuit breaker but the breaker room is behind a locked door.

But not sure if that is a problem with the EVCS or our network.

evcs
7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi, are you using the default pin code? Did you change it ?

There is no PUK because we have a button that is responsible for restoring the unit to default

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

I changed the PIN but somehow managed to have the same typo twice so it wasn't the PIN I though it was. :D

But I figured out the typo and I have access again.

But I was connected for a few weeks and from one day to the other the EVCS kicked me out.

So you say I have to unscrew the EVCS from the wall, open the back cover and press a tiny button on the PCB near lethal voltages with one hand while holding the EVCS with the other hand? Seriously?

You can't tell a non-electrician customer to do that or that he has to hire an electrician just to reset the VC PIN.

Please add an option to reset the PIN from the web interface and/or add a PUK.

2 Likes 2 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Maybe phone software was updated? That's not something usually happening, I never heard of similar reports.

Because restoring the pin code after forgetting it is not something you should do daily, I don't see it as a big issue.

It is near the microcontroller, there are no lethal voltages nearby. But there are lethal voltages on the PCB, and this is the reason lethal voltages are mentioned in the manual.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Maybe phone software was updated? That's not something usually happening, I never heard of similar reports.

Maybe, idk. I will keep an eye on it and report if its happen again.

Because restoring the pin code after forgetting it is not something you should do daily, I don't see it as a big issue.

I agree that you don't do that everyday but that applies to all devices and for others you have a PUK or an easy to access button.

If you think it's ok and Matthijs agrees, I (we) have to accept it but I still don't like that solution.

Opening the device to press that button should be the very last option, after everything else failed.
I really would appreciate if you could at last add the option to do it in the web interface.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

It is!

1689934705608.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1689934705608.png (74.8 KiB)

OK, but this will reset all setting not just the PIN.

Can you export the setting, do the reset and import the setting?
Is the PIN included in the settings? If not that would be an acceptable way.

0 Likes 0 ·
Yes, you can export the settings
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic