question

ogrt avatar image
ogrt asked

VRM Remote console - Rotate Device

We're using VRM to monitor our offgrid installation on a Smart Fridge Hub with a screen that you can't rotate, is there anyway that the need to rotate the screen to see the remote console can be removed, may be easier than me pushing the fridge onto it's side! Same issue on a tablet, it's frustrating to need to rotate the screen when you could still read it's content in portrait mode! Might be a new feature request but not sure if that belongs in forum!

cerbo gxVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
dmsims avatar image
dmsims answered ·

There are some workarounds e.g. Page zoom

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ogrt avatar image
ogrt answered ·

Hi @dmsims how does page zoom resolve the rotate screen issue, tried zooming the error message and it did nothing to change the rotate screen message. Couldn't see a VRM setting for page zoom either?

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi @OGRT

When using the zoom out work around it can take a few seconds to appear - see this video -

In the longer term we have a better solution in development that takes a different approach to remote console and solves many issues with the current method in one go, but that's not ready yet.

2 Likes 2 ·
ogrt avatar image ogrt Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) , the Android App doesn't give that zoom option, but more than happy that there is a new version of remote console in the pipeline. I'll look forward to that; any idea when that may be?

screenshot-20230721-100427-vrm.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
There are no dates available. Internal testing is underway now, next step will be a public beta test.
0 Likes 0 ·
cozzmicc avatar image
cozzmicc answered ·

Try the Desktopmode...

4 comments
2 |3000

ogrt avatar image ogrt commented ·
Hi @cozzmicc I've been through the VRM menus I can't see desktop mode, where would you normally see the option please?
0 Likes 0 ·
cozzmicc avatar image cozzmicc ogrt commented ·
On your fridge hub is an android device. The console opens in the browser. You have to set the desktopmode in the browser, not in the vrm. Its like ond the mobilephone.
0 Likes 0 ·
ogrt avatar image ogrt cozzmicc commented ·
thanks @cozzmicc I tried that no change unfortunately. It would be good if VRM didn't try and force you to rotate the screen to see the console and just auto rotate like any other application if you chose to rotate the device! like a photo or video.

0 Likes 0 ·
dmsims avatar image dmsims ogrt commented ·

It does work - have tested it on phone and tablet

vrm-desktop-site.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
vrm-desktop-site.jpg (297.2 KiB)
dmsims avatar image
dmsims answered ·

@ogrt Sorry - should have been more precise - it depends which browser and on what - the zoom setting can work as can ticking Desktop site

2 |3000

d-ferdi avatar image
d-ferdi answered ·

hello,

try to use a browser in full-screen mode on the tablet to connect to vrm. then the tablet will rotate the screen if you rotate the tablet.

if you use a app, then the app must be able to rotate and some app don't make that. some only for some parts of the app.

goodby

2 |3000