question

rowan avatar image
rowan asked

Will the battery protect 12/24V 100A cope with being installed under the bonnet of my 4wd or will the heat be too much.

Will the battery protect 12/24V 100A cope with being installed under the bonnet of my 4wd or will the heat be too much. Would it matter if I fit was the standard or smart bluetooth model? is one more robust than the other. It is purely to prevent damaging an auxillary battery by discharging too low and to prevent supplying too low a current to equipment supplied by the battery.

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi,

I would not suggest to do so, but if you can't avoid it, you should mount the BP in a well ventilated area under the bonnet. It makes no difference if you use the smart version or the not smart.

The maximum operating temperature should not exceed 40°C, Or 50°C with 60% load according to manual on both models.

Manual-Battery-Protect-12V-24V-65-A-100-A--220-A-EN-NL-FR-SE-DE-PT-ES-IT.pdf

And yes, it is purely to prevent damaging a (auxillary) battery by discharging it too low and it has the possibility to connect a switch, to turn the output on and off.

Regards,

Markus

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.