question

colroo1 avatar image
colroo1 asked

Victron easysolar 48v 5000w can bus location

Hi. I need some help please. Can someone detail the location of the can bus socket. I removed the front panel but there nust be an easier access than running a wire through all the workings

I have tried to get a look under it but i have conduits all in the way . There isn't a specific manual for the easysolar that i can find It is just manuals for each component.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
janieronen avatar image
janieronen answered ·

VE.can connectors located at back side of color control module. screenshot-2023-07-15-at-140508.pngAs explained in previous questions Easysolar is collection of different devices under on case. Take photo of issue you have with cabling. https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/45053/easysolar-485000-manual.html

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@colroo1

What easy solar do you have the old easy or the easy 2?

The older style one with the CCGX you have to go all the way through the innards to the CCGX.

The new one has a bms can at the bottom does not support normal VE.can, only BMS-Can (for connecting a managed battery). All connections are on the bottom.

1 Like 1 ·
colroo1 avatar image colroo1 Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Hi. I have the old version easysolar and as i thought i am going to have to thread a wire through the innards. I was afraid of that it seems like a shoddy solution. I thought there would be an extension with a socket. Thanks for the help and speedy reply.
0 Likes 0 ·
mvas avatar image mvas colroo1 commented ·

Have to remove the cover to access the ports

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ mvas commented ·

@colroo1

Its an older product. The newer ones have kept that in mind.

Also can and bms managed systems was less of a thing when it was designed then as well.

Really a product choice... Since now there are newer options.

0 Likes 0 ·
colroo1 avatar image colroo1 mvas commented ·
Hi. Yes had to remove the covers and the top panel is all hooked to other units so not so easy to access the back of the unit . The terminator plug was so hard to remove. I had to remain calm i was about to start damaging stuff . Had to grab it with some multigrips and wriggle it quite roughly .

Got it out and the cable pkugged in . Very untidy solution but once the panels are back on it's out of sight.

0 Likes 0 ·