question

bigal avatar image
bigal asked

Two MPPT to CerboGx

On our Yacht we have added a 100/500 controller to our new array (600w) and using the existing smaller MPPT to control a 150W array.

Initially I had a VE Smart network, but now I have VeDirect cables connecting both controllers to the CerboGX.

Do I need to do any configuration in the Cerbo GX to set this up for best efficiency?

Do I need to delete the VeSmart network?

MPPT Controllerscerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

It's a good idea to remove the smart network to avoid conflicts. Depending on your setup, you can look at enabling DVCC for coordinating charging.

(the cerbo guide has a good section on this)

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bigal avatar image bigal commented ·
Someone somewhere else said DVCC is really only for Lithium. True/False? (We are AGM).
0 Likes 0 ·
bigal avatar image bigal nesswill commented ·

So I guess the question is - is it best to turn DVCC on per the table? Or just wire in the two controllers with Ve Direct and leave everything else?

0 Likes 0 ·
nesswill avatar image nesswill bigal commented ·

Well all i can say is what i have done. I am completely off-grid.

I have DVCC on and have 7 banks of 48v 260ah AGM batteries with 3 MTTP's RS 450/100 and 2 RS Smart 48/6000 Inverters running in parallel, Cerbo GX, SmartShunt and so far (six months) it has worked well for me.

But someone else might comment on the any other options and or what might work for you. Good luck :)

0 Likes 0 ·