question

Julian Meurer avatar image
Julian Meurer asked

How to handle L and N inverted input on a Multiplus with generator?

Dear community,

I was now reading through many of related articles but did not find an Answer really fitting my question.

I am setting up an off grid solar system with a pylontech US3000, Multiplus 48/5000. In winter I d like to use the generator to charge the batteries. The generator is a German model Güde with 2kw permanent and AVR.I will ground the generator.

Güde now cannot guarantee that L and N will always be at the same point. There maybe situations where this may change.

Since, L and N are hardwired to the multiplus this may lead to a situation that L is on the N at multiplus and thus has a connection to ground.

Questions

1. Is the assumption above right? And if so, will this do any harm to the multiplus?

2. Will the multiplus then push it through to the 230V Installation where the RCB then breaks the connection?

3. If I am only operating the generator with the inverter in charge mode, will this then affect the battery loader in the multiplus?

I have ordered an electrician who will do the installation, however he does not know either how to cope with the questions?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Julian

Multiplus-IIGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

How can the wires ( L + N ) from the generator get REVERSED?
Stop that from happening.
Can you remove the "Neutral to Ground" Bond in the Generator and bond elsewhere?
You really need to provide a wiring diagram.
Adding an Isolation Transformer can fix your problem.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.