question

Oscar Mandlmeier avatar image
Oscar Mandlmeier asked

Bluetooth connection?

Greetings

I have a Victron BMV shunt Rev05 with a BMV-600s Battery Monitor. I would like to know if one can connect a VD direct bluetooth device?

Pics are attached..img-1415.jpg img-1416.jpg

VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
img-1415.jpg (956.6 KiB)
img-1416.jpg (1.0 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
bradleyh avatar image
bradleyh answered ·

The manual for the BMV-600s doesn't have any information on what that connector is. It also doesn't mention VE.Direct at all. I'd guess the BMV-600 proceeds the VE.Direct protocol. The VE.Direct Bluetooth Dongle manual states:

The dongle can be used with any Victron Energy product that is equipped with a VE.Direct port (with exception of GX devices. It is especially useful for products that do not have built-in Bluetooth, such as: BMV 700 and 702 battery monitors, Phoenix Inverters VE.Direct or the BlueSolar MPPT Solar Charge Controllers.

The BMV-600 is also not listed on the VictronConnect compatible products. So, I would guess that the BMV-600 is not supported. https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/compatible-victron-products.html

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bradleyh avatar image bradleyh commented ·

Just wanted to add that there does appear to be an option to connect the BMV-600 to a Cerbo GX using a special cable, I just happened across this in the Cerbo GX manual. If you don't already have a Cerbo GX then it'd be more cost effective to replace your BMV with a SmartShunt or BMV-7xx.

Connect the BMV-600 using the VE.Direct to BMV-60xS cable. (ASS0305322xx).

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic