question

dantmjones avatar image
dantmjones asked

Installation of Smart Battery Protect 12/24-100A

wiring-plan-v2.jpg

Hi

I don't fully understand the installation of the smart battery protect unit.

For the sake of simplicity I drew up the wiring diagram/plan attached and ommitted the battery protect unit.

Is it designed to protect the vehicle battery or the accommodation (leisure) batteries?

Could anyone please advise on where in the wiring plan the battery protect unit should be installed and its orientation.

The lithium batteries in this installation are: 2no x TN Power Lithium 12V 216Ah Leisure Battery LiFePO4

Thank you for your help.

Dan

Battery Protect
wiring-plan-v2.jpg (1.1 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@dantmjones it would be a good idea to use a SBP to ensure that your loads connected to the fuse block can be disconnected from the battery, before the batteries BMS shuts down due to low voltage. It can be problematic for users to re-start the battery BMS once it has disconnected.

You could probably set the SBP to disconnect loads at 11v. And program the multi to shut down at 11.6v.

I would use a 200a fuse at the battery. And a 160a breaker between the Lynx and multi. Only use quality breakers.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.