question

dantmjones avatar image
dantmjones asked

multiplus 12/1600-16 230v multiple temperature sensors

wiring-plan-v2.jpgHello

I would appreciate help and advice regarding my first installation.

The lithium batteries in this installation are: 2no x TN Power Lithium 12V 216Ah Leisure Battery LiFePO4

The question is regarding temperature sensors. Having read all the documentation and various sources online the best I can figure out is that in order to monitor the temperatures of both batteries I need to connect each battery temp sensor to the Cerbo GX unit and ignore the one supplied intended to be fitted to the Multiplus. Is this correct?

Wiring diagram attached.

Thank you for your help.

Dan

Temperature Sensor
wiring-plan-v2.jpg (1.1 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@dantmjones

It is the multiplus temperature sensor you would need to use on the Cerbo for temperature monitoring if you are planning to use the temp sensor inputs.

If you are planning on using the temp sensor for preventing cold charging then using it either plugged into the multiplus or the GX would work, your setup/programming would also have to change.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dantmjones avatar image dantmjones commented ·

@Alexandra Thank you for your help.

Do I connect the battery temperature sensors to the GX and connect the GX to the Multiplus temp sensor terminal?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ dantmjones commented ·

@dantmjones

I will be more specific, the temperature sensor (that comes with the multiplus) is the only one that can be connected to the gx or the temperature input terminals in the multiplus.

The information will be used by the system and report to the VRM.

The temperature sensor on the battery is likely for its own internal use. Are you sure it is a temperature sensor and not a bms signal for charge and discharge?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor