question

P.H.J. Sibbing avatar image
P.H.J. Sibbing asked

Losing BMS after low SOC

VRM.jpgBattery.jpgI lost my BMS now twice.

1) i could recover the connection to the BMS , after SOC dropped below 50% ( SOC treshold was 50 % in VE.Bus of the Multiplus). Disconnected the Battery from the

2) Nextday , I lost Connection again , at 70% SOC, (but could not confirm this figure) Have not been able to recover connection.

BMS: Seplos 10E , Can:Victron, model 1101-SP75 , Software Ver 16.4

BMS worked fine untill lost connection. Checked BMS with Seplos tool. Nothing particular. Is working correctly

Have Re-installed Venus OS ver 3.0, Large, no Luck, no BMS detected.

In system Setup, only Lynx Shunt and Multiplus Visible.

Did anything change in the CAN protocol in Venus OS ?

Is there a setting in Venus OS i can alter or remove, so the Cerbo will re-search for the connected devices. ?

Can bus no errors! Cable replaced no difference.

Removed the Shunt cable , Nothing changed , reconnected, all data of battery popped-up as before .

BMSVE.Can
vrm.jpg (306.0 KiB)
battery.jpg (97.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

@P.H.J. Sibbing have a look through Andy's videos you might get some extra info.

You using the correct comms cable?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
P.H.J. Sibbing answered ·

It worked fine for 2 month's and suddenly in the middle of the night it stopped after a Low SOC alarm.

So what about the cable ? I can try another spare cable to double check

The message was due to me unplugging the CAN Cable from the BMS

Thanks for the support

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

P.H.J. Sibbing answered ·

Just updated Venus OS to version 3.10~15 ( from ~1 to ~12) and suddenly at ~15 the BMS re-appeared.

So Cable is fine, was an software glitch somewhere which lasted 2 weeks

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron VE.Bus BMS product page

Victron 3rd party BMS compatibility page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic