question

pauldunn avatar image
pauldunn asked

Charging Station NS Current Sensing

Hello

Can the Charging Station NS be configured so that it only uses available capacity from the grid? Like the Zappi does with its CT sensor and correct configuration.

Currently I have a MP 2 5000 and a Cerbo. I want to add another MP in parallel but only have a 80A main fuse. So what I am thinking is to have both MPs configured to only take 32a from the grid while charing over night and allow the NS to take the left over capacity. Once the batteries are full then the NS can run at the full 32amps if the EV still needs charging.

The NS would be upstream of the MP and the MP only provides AC to protected loads so I don't have a CT sensor connected to the MP. I can add one though if its needed so the NS can see the load on the grid connection.

Ideally I would like a 100A fuse but my DNO has said that would cost £800+

Cheers

ev charging station
6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Yes, soon an update will be release containing this feature, probably next week.

1 Like 1 ·
pauldunn avatar image pauldunn Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Brilliant. Thanks for the heads up.
1 Like 1 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ pauldunn commented ·

A preview. You can see another requested feature – allow battery discharge in automatic mode. And there is a timeout that can be configured for it.

1689102475156.png

1 Like 1 ·
1689102475156.png (30.2 KiB)
motylu avatar image motylu Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ,

if I understood well, in the coming update you added requested feature (I am requested this feature too) to limit charging power/current of the EVCS to not exceed maximal defined power/current limit throw Multis from the grid?

1689135275271.png

And this limit will define what power limitation? Limitation for each Multi or whole system input (1 phase vs. 3 phase system) or ...? Because very common installation is 3 phase ESS (3 Multis) and EVCS connected to AC-out of Multis, often also with possibility to charge using 1 phase or 3 phase power (realised for example by external manual disconnector for L2 and L3).

The goal is to be able to set limit, which comply with reserved power from the grid by the energy distributor (basically defined by main circuit breaker) - very common feature in other wallboxes and it is requested feature for installations in the Czech Republic and other countries. For example set max. current limit to 25 A to not exceed 25 A per phase from the grid regardless 1 or 3 phase charging...

0 Likes 0 ·
1689135275271.png (43.8 KiB)
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ motylu commented ·
Yes, it's exactly like that, I know the whole story from Neosolar CZ :)
0 Likes 0 ·
motylu avatar image motylu Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for confirmation @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) !

I am not part of Neosolar company but I know the guys from there :--)

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers