question

mosquito52 avatar image
mosquito52 asked

Drop battery temperature

Hello community,
from time to time (about once a month) I have observed a curious case that I lack the knowledge or experience to understand what happened. As you can see from the attached images, without anything foreseeing the situation, and without any warning or error, the temperature of the batteries drops suddenly, as well as the SOC, the voltage of the cells rises to very high values, etc.
Is this a problem or an anomaly without consequences?
If it's a problem or anticipation of a future problem, how do you solve it?
my system:
 Victron MultiII 48/10kw,
Cerbo Gx,
MPPT 250/100,
Pylontech Force L1 48v/24kw, 518Ah
Thanks very much in advance

image-1.pngimage-2.png

offgrid
image-1.png (60.8 KiB)
image-2.png (40.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Guessing it's a fault in the type A cable between the Pylontech and the Cerbo.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mosquito52 avatar image mosquito52 commented ·

Hi Kevgermany,

Many thanks for your reply I'll check the cable asap.

1689065621407.png

0 Likes 0 ·
mosquito52 avatar image mosquito52 commented ·

Hi Kevgermany,

checked the cable seems to be fine, any other suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ mosquito52 commented ·
@Mosquito52

Ha e you done any updates recently.

Is pins 1-3 empty on the battery comms cable. Is the battery grounded?

I have seen a few batteries do that weird temperature and voltage thing. It seems like a comms glitch. One battery only does it around the rain season - reat of the year it is fine. Not sure if that has something to do with it. So far no other issues.

0 Likes 0 ·
mosquito52 avatar image mosquito52 Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Dear Alexandra,
Thank you very much for your answer.
Recently there have been no changes to the system, the cable between the batteries and the BMS-CAN port of the Cerbo Gx is type A, the batteries are grounded. I didn't quite understand what you meant by "Is pins 1-3 empty on the battery comms cable", if possible I would request more information about this comment

Best regards
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources