question

Talfan Stamps avatar image
Talfan Stamps asked

Quattro 15kVA overcharging despite BMS + settings

Nutri batt voltage and current and alarms.jpgNutri MPPT err80.jpgNutri MPPT watts.jpgNutri Batt voltage and current and alarms.pdfSystem:

15kVA Quattro v498, CCGX Fw 3.00, 250/100Ve CAN MPPT v3.13 x 2, 12 x 470W Jinko in 4s x 2arrays, Weco 5k3 lithium x 3, tried BYD 5.0 Flex lite x 3 also, batteries all on latest FW updates.

250/100 x 2 MPPT shutdown on PV short due to voltage spike/rise, but MPPTs had throttled down to zero Watt in response to Weco command to set charge limit to 0A.

Shortly after that, Quattro begins to charge the batteries FROM GRID, raising the voltage in irregular steps, hiking the amps up to 35, and discharging briefly up to -20Amps before continuing, at a basically average rate of 4A, over the next hour, until battery voltage reached 60VDC at which point the battery shut down to protect itself, meanwhile having sent 398 stop charging messages to Victron. (Weco has independent wifi link through its own cloud).

The data recorded by Victron in VRM correlates with the data recorded by Weco, without any obvious discrepancies.

As a result the MPPTs failed on #80 error, #39, #40 (several failures to date). When I informed the Victron agent of the #80-#83 error I was told there is no such thing, but there sure is.

DVCC is switched on, but limited 0.2V below Weco recommended bulk charge voltage (54.4V) at 54.2V.

MPPT bulk set to 54.6V to provide leeway for overvoltage.

Quattro bulk set to 54.4 and float 54.0, despite Weco saying this was not necessary.

And yet the system overcharges the battery, and it only does so with an MPPT connected (chiefly the 250/100Ve.CAN), as the system ran glitch free on WECO batteries for 3 months, without any overcharging/overvoltage scenarios.

I suspect the DVCC program to have a bug, but I don't have the ability to prove it, can anyone assist?

Recap: with MPPT connected somehow, and after 10 days, or 13 days, the Grid has the ability to overcharge the battery dangerously! This is a serious problem without remedy but to either, possibly (not yet tested) switch off DVCC, or run lithium batteries in open loop (like gels) or to install old firmware. But neither option is ideal, and in the meantime a lot of loss has been incurred.

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerDVCCovervoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers