question

robrechtdr avatar image
robrechtdr asked

Node-Red Multiplus switch position - resets

Hi All,

I have the following hardware running and have a Node-Red issue.

- Multiplus 24/800-16
- 3 Smartsolar 100/30 with 6 380W solar panels ( Due to a lot of 'moving' shadows)
- Smart Shunt 500
- Rpi 4 with Venus OS 2.93 Large with node-red

All are connected via ve.bus or mk3 interface to the rpi. this system works as an off-grid system with the eletricity net as a back-up. My goal is to have this system running on solar as much as possible, so my Multiplus is in State 2 ( inverter only) most of the time.

I have a node-red flow which controls the Switch position of my Multiplus based on weather forecast (expected sunshine) / time of day and the SOC of my battery, to maximize my solar yield for the next day.

Since I implemented this flow, I noticed that if the multiplus switch position is set to state 3 ( On = Charging from net) via node-red, my Multiplus automatically switches to state 2 ( inverter only) every night at 4.30h. I double checked with loggers if there was a fault in my node-red flow, which sends a state change, but there is no sign of my flow changing to state 2, at that point in time.

If i change the switch position via the UI of venus os, this does not happen.

Anyone had similar experience, or an idea where to search to troubleshoot this ?

Thanks.

Venus OSNode-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers