question

Maarten avatar image
Maarten asked

How can I export data to a nas for evaluation

tuning-grid-setpoint.png

the idea: I was to create a program that regulates the grid setpoint by itself.

Eg;: if the battery is low and there isn't enough sun the grid setpoint need to be set a a certain value. this is working (inside the "change value of grid setpoint")

now I need to finetune this, so I would like to collect some data (Time, Solar Power, Battery level,...) before i let this system run on his own.

is there a way to get this data out of the Cerbo GX module and save it locally (a pc, my nas, maybe a raspberry pi,...)

I tried a few things already but i didn't find it, maybe someone knows how to realize this.

If interested I can share all the data that is in my program.

Venus OSNode-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @Maarten

There's a few ways to get this info.

First way that comes to mind if you want historic data you can probably download the information from VRM if you have it setup.

Alternatively you can capture the data to your raspi/NAS by writing a simple python script to capture the data you require via MQTT server on Cerbo GX or ModbusTCP (whichever you prefer, personally I find MQTT easier).

You can enable MQTT and/or modbusTCP by going to settings->services on CerboGX.

You should see ModbusTCP and MQTT.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hominidae avatar image
hominidae answered ·

I am using a timeseries database (influxDB, in a docker container) on my NAS to store events and data.

Visualisation is done with Grafana (also installed on my NAS (in docker))

data gets captured from mqtt brokers (including the one activated on the GX) via the use of telegraf (also a docker container) (which stores the subscribed mqtt topic values in the influxDB).

The toolchain is known as the TIG (telegraf, influx, Grafana) Stack...ask Google or HowTos and examples.

1 comment
2 |3000

tobedefined avatar image tobedefined commented ·

Do you have a telegraf.conf sample config file for all MQTT topics provided by Venus OS with MQTT tag / field parsing? I am trying to setup a TIG configuration with influxdb2 since I am not satisfied with https://github.com/victronenergy/venus-docker-grafana with its server, influxdb1 composition and i want to customize the Line Protocol elements according to my idea.

1 Like 1 ·