question

Juha Tuomala avatar image
Juha Tuomala asked

Limiting maximum inverter power via Modbus?

I'm looking at writable Modbus registers for GX + Quattro gen2 and wondering, is there a way to control inverter power based on solar production? My goal is to be gentle for my lithium battery and I'd like to keep its currents at decent levels.

In case I've excess solar power, I could raise the inverting power from Home Assistant and when solar goes down, I could lower it and take the rest from the grid.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I did not find that ESS setting from writable Modbus registers. Why they aren't all exposed by default?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerModbus TCP
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·
If solar is AC coupled (ie batteries charged through quattro) I think just setting DVCC current limit will achieve what you're looking for.

I'm not 100% sure but I've heared DVCC current limit setting only seems to apply to multiplus/quatro charging not charging from other sources like MPPT (someone please correct me on that if im wrong).

If you do have DC coupled ie MPPT then i think the modbus entry will just be the max charge current of the MPPT (let me know if you cant find that i can have a dig around in registers).

More complex is if you've got both AC and DC coupled. You'll then have to dynamically adjust DVCC and MPPT settings.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers