question

martin-fi avatar image
martin-fi asked

EV Chariging Station - Charging from Grid instead of ESS battery

Hello Community,

we got a customer who has 3 EVs and charges all of these with a Victron wallbox.

In most cases he wants to charge the EVs from the grid. But in Manual mode the Charger uses first the ESS battery.

Is there a solution (I don´t mean the "keep batteries charged" mode in ESS) to charge directly from grid ?

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nuxland avatar image
nuxland answered ·

I want to do the same thing in winter and only thing I can think about is to use Node-Red.
I would create myself some interface there that I can set GridSetPoint to 11kw and then same time set EV Charger to manually charging with the same 11kw.
There need's to be some watchdog also in node-red to detect when charging stopped/finished to set GridSetPoint back to 30W :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa answered ·

In the latest firmaware of the EVCS, you having a setting which defines upto which point you can use battery for EVCS.

1 comment
2 |3000

martin-fi avatar image martin-fi commented ·
Thank you. This helps but a third mode ("Use just PV Power and Grid") would be nice.
0 Likes 0 ·