question

carolee avatar image
carolee asked

Powering Cerbo GX with MPPT Load output

MPPT Controller link to my controller

Is there any reason I should not power my Cerbo GX from the load output terminals on my MPPT charge controller? I have the

Victron Energy SmartSolar MPPT 75V 10 amp 12/24-Volt Solar Charge Controller (Bluetooth)

Can leave load on 24/7 so can't imagine why I shouldn't connect it to the controller, but I am a newbie at all of this. Thanks in advance.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

The load output is essentially a switched output direct from the battery so you may as well connect the Cerbo directly to the battery. If you connect it to the load output then ypu would need to configure the load output to be permanently switched on, which then defeats the purpose. The only reason for putting it on the load output would be to switch the Cerbo off automatically when solar production ceased and then you would be rebooting it every day, not ideal. Therefore, in conclusion, unless you want some unusual switching on and off of the Cerbo, wire it to the battery.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

carolee avatar image carolee commented ·
Thanks for your feedback. The controller does have the ability to leave the load on all the time and really don't have any other need to use the charge controller load output for anything else so it just seemed easier to use the controller as my power supply for the Cerbo since it will be right next to the controller rather than having to run all the way back to the batteries. Appreciate your input greatly!
0 Likes 0 ·