question

superdavidone avatar image
superdavidone asked

Cerbo GX WiFi and BT stopped working

Hello everyone, for a couple of days my Cerbo GX has stopped communicating with the Wi-Fi. Among other things, the blue LED (BT) no longer flashes and it is no longer detectable by the Victron Connect app.

Entering the menu through the remote console (access point in his intranet with a tablet) followed a reboot but had no resolution. The blue LED no longer flashes.

Going to the menu again, under Bluethooth I try to turn the BT on and off: No results.

I tried to connect to another Wi-Fi network as the pre-selected one fails to connect returning the "FAULT" message. Connected with the iphone hot spot I downloaded the firmware version 3.00 and after restarting still nothing (I had installed the latest upgrade several months ago, with version 2.85, which has always worked well).

Among other things, after the update the "BLUETHOOTH" item disappeared from the menu, now it can no longer be turned on or off.

Inexplicably it is as if the WiFi had become lazy and the BT failed.

Can someone help me?

Thank you all.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·
@Superdavidone

How hot is it running?

BT switches off at 53°C cpu temp. Possibly the unit is getting hot enough for both WiFi and BT to be affected.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

superdavidone avatar image superdavidone commented ·

Hello Alessandra,

in fact, lately I have encountered overheating problems in the technical compartment and unfortunately the Cerbo is installed in the top part of this (where the heat accumulates). I must say that a few days ago I switched off the system for maintenance for about an hour and when I restarted the BT light started flashing again, to then go off again after about 1 hour of operation (there were very hot days here in Sicily, with peaks of 45° ).

It is probable that having the technical compartment at temperatures of 35/40° the Cerbo cpu is beyond the BT operating temperature.

Thanks for reporting it to me.

1 Like 1 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ superdavidone commented ·
That was my line of thinking as well.
0 Likes 0 ·