question

malvanna avatar image
malvanna asked

Multiplus 1200 Issues

Hi all,

I hope I am posting this in the correct place and someone is able to help :) Also sorry for the long explanation!

TLDR; inverter keeps breaking when only using 1/3 of rated max load.

I have been working on a DIY camper for the past 6 months and the electronics side of things really confused me so I decided to play it safe and pay a company for assistance.
The company provided components, wiring diagrams and instructions for a setup suitable for my requirements - with the main idea here that I don't need to worry if I am using the correct guage wires, sized fuses etc.

The system compromises of both 12v and 240v with use of an inverter (Victron Multiplus 1200).

For the most part it has worked as expected however I have began having issues with my multiplus inverter.

I only use the inverter to power my Starlink + Laptop for work (around 300W total) and the inverter is rated at 1000W load.
Twice now the inverter has simply stopped working suddenly. When it has done this I have tried to turn it off for a while before turning it back on - only to be greeted by a flashing amber "Charger" light and then nothing.

The first unit went back to be replaced and I have now sent off the second unit back to supplier. Obviously I don't want this to keep happening every few weeks and something must be wrong with the setup, however the company I have been using aren't able to provide answers for this besides stating I must be overdrawing from the inverter. As I said the most I use at once is 300W and it's rated at 1000W so...

I have attached the wiring diagram they sent me originally which I have used to setup my system.
I'm hopeful someone here can maybe shed some light into things I could test or obvious things that might be the cause of this reccuring issue!

Thanks in advance ! :)wiring-diagram.png

Help
wiring-diagram.png (181.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic