question

wayn0 avatar image
wayn0 asked

Touch input disabled on Venus Rpi

Hi,
I am experimenting with a Rpi and Venus and have come across something I can't work out how to fix.
I have the Rpi connected to a HDMI monitor that is not touch enabled. I had been alternately using a wireless USB mouse or the remote console via LAN to use the menus. It was rebooted a day or so ago with the screen turned off and when i turned the screen on today, I get a "Touch Input Disabled" message on the screen whenever i use the mouse or try to use menus via the remote console. If i use the keypad I can manipulate menus as well as with the controls to the right of the screen.
I found some info about scripting the disablement of the touch screen but I can't work out how to implement that from the SSH console. they were bash commands as I understand with my limited skills.
Any tips on how to get the touch working again without starting again?
Thanks!

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

A recent addition allows the touch to be disabled as a mechanism to allow status only to unskilled users. There is a dbus parameter you could set from SSH. The following command should enable touch:

dbus -y com.victronenergy.settings /Settings/Gui/TouchEnabled  SetValue 1

I'm not sure this is what is happening but it's a shot.

If you are using my ExtTransferSwtich package, the OS update may have caused the transfer switch input to be controlling the touch enable rather than the internal transfer switch state. If that is the case, go into I/O settings and reset the digital input to External Transfer Switch.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wayn0 avatar image wayn0 commented ·
This worked perfectly! Thankyou for your help - it is much appreciated.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources