question

stevew avatar image
stevew asked

New (to me) Multiplus 12/3000/120. VEConfig and VictronConnect don't connect !!??

Greetings from Southern California !

New to me (purchased from someone that upgraded to 24V) Multiplus 12/3000/120.

Firmware 2702430.VFD

VEConfigure3 downloaded today. 90.04.235

First attempt - got an error message about "...must be at same firmware levels" but I can't replicate that condition.

VictronConnect does not see the device at all.

New MK3-USB and the drivers appear to be properly installed.

The Multiplus is connected to 120V and to 12V. All panel indicators (Mains, Bulk, Sbsorb, Inverter... illuminate as expected.)

Any advice and/or suggestions will be appreciated... I'm kinda stuck !!

Thanks in advance,

Steve W

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
stevew avatar image
stevew answered ·

Well... as is so often the case - operator error.

The drivers were not properly loaded and a "vanilla" USB Serial Converter was in place.

After forcing a driver "uninstall" and forcing an installation of the specific drivers from Victron - Voila !!

All good.

On to the next chapter.

Steve W

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

valden avatar image
valden answered ·

Hi Steve. I've logged on after a year's absence to see if it is now possible to configure a MultiPlus or Quattro via an Apple device, perhaps via Bluetooth (like all of the other elements of our system). So I'm wondering if your connectivity problem is related to the special characteristics of the MultiPlus, requiring Windows OS, the right Victron software and the right USB dongle interface (if still applicable)? Are you on top of all of this? Sorry, it's been a while and I haven't looked up the right names for the interface software and the USB dongle. Regards, Rick.

2 |3000

Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Victron connect will run both under windows and Linux, not sure about apples though. It will use bluetooth for VE smart devices or aMk3 to connect directly.

VE Configure only runs under windows. When configure is run, you need to select the port, at which point VEconfig will report the Mk3 detected, and start downloading information from the multi.

If you don't get the Mk3 detected, then do check that the VE-bus cable is good, and properly connected at both ends.

1 comment
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
In addition to this, the MK3 must be connected directly to the multi, nothing else connected to the ve.bus.
0 Likes 0 ·
stevew avatar image
stevew answered ·

Thank you Valden, Mike, and Derrick !!

Your comments are appreciated - and all of the things mentioned are in proper order on my setup. It's still on the workbench - not yet installed in the RV.

I've still had no luck - and my next action is to try with a newer laptop. The one that I've connected is OLD - Windows7 - and maybe even older than that. I read somewhere in the developers notes about the USB drivers that machines older than build 7200 of Windows7 don't have the required functionality / chipset.. Fortunately - I have easy access to newer computers.

Will keep y'all apprised.

Thanks again,

SW

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic