question

hanski avatar image
hanski asked

Battery charging station charge

I have onnected 6 panels of 275W with two individual (3 panels in both) MPPT 150/85 Tr solar charger connected into battery bank of 1200Ah via LYNX IN bushbar. I have a MultiplusCompact inverter charger 12V 3000KVA for 230V. I have bluetooth smartdongle and BMV-700 for adjusting the chargers and Multiplus with my laptop and iPAD. I have a battery bank of 1200 Ah/12V semi traction battery bank consisting of six pieces of 2V/1200Ah batteries. My problem is that the state of charge is in my BMV-700 90-100% and the battery bank in real life is state of charge 50% measured direct from the battery poles.What shall I do that the BMV is showing the right value of state charge? Shall I charge the battery bank first full with my HONDA alternator and the synchronize the BMV-700?

SOC
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·
I'm not familiar with BMV but i have a smart shunt.

On the smart shunt you can specify the SoC manually if you know it temporarily. However you're probably best just waiting until the solar charges up to full (absorption voltage is hit) and calibrate BMS to 100%. Should sort itself out from there assuming correct settings are in BMV already.

You can charge the batteries up manually if you want (assuming it's safe for them to be connected directly to alternator ie not lithium) however I don't see any harm in just waiting for solar to get you there.

0 Likes 0 ·
hanski avatar image hanski matt1309 commented ·
Thanks Matti. BMV-700 is Victron product. I tried to calibrate SOC in the BMV-700 after I have measuded the battery acid density. According that measurement the SOC was 50%. After some hours in BMV-700 the SOC value was100%. When I measured the battery acid density according that value the bateries SOC was still 50%???
0 Likes 0 ·
matt1309 avatar image matt1309 hanski commented ·
If BMV acts the same as smart shunt it'll automatically be trying to calibrate itself to the battery. (I'm not clued up enough on the actual algorithm) however once you hit true 100% once it should sort itself out (assuming you've not hit you "Charged voltage" setting).
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic