question

glennsa avatar image
glennsa asked

Remote Console: "A new MK3 version is available"

Remote Console on an EasySolar-II GX 5000 displays a message that:

"A new MK3 version is available.

NOTE: The update might temporarily stop the system."

1686927946615.png

There is no MK3-USB cable connected, so what is this message about, and should the update be applied?

Thanks

MK3
1686927946615.png (24.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
janieronen avatar image
janieronen answered ·

MK3 is also name of connection between inverter and GX-device. Not only USB communication device. I know sound weird but that is okay to update if you need to get new functionalities in use.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

glennsa avatar image
glennsa answered ·

Thanks. What exactly gets updated? Settings or firmware? In the Multi and/or in the GX (note it's the NanoPi based GX in the EasySolar-II)?

Can anything be backed up before the update is applied? And what would be resett/reverted if this update failed?

Thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
The driver update enables new communication functions that are necessary for certain multi/quatro firmware updates to function properly. No settings will be lost. If the update fails you can force the update again from within the Venus menu.
2 Likes 2 ·
glennsa avatar image
glennsa answered ·

Thanks. Is the driver update in the Multi and/or in the GX?

1 comment
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
The driver update is to the gx device. Think of it like a printer driver on your computer. The driver resides on the computer and tells the computer how to talk to the printer. MK3 driver resides on the gx device and tells the gx how to talk to the inverter.
0 Likes 0 ·
glennsa avatar image
glennsa answered ·

Thanks. The update was successful.

2 comments
2 |3000

olegv avatar image olegv commented ·

How about "might temporarily stop the system". Stopped/interrupted? It's not good :(

0 Likes 0 ·
olegv avatar image olegv olegv commented ·
Not stopped :)
1 Like 1 ·
zain avatar image
zain answered ·

I have some false overload warnings and alarms happening in my system. i updated the firmwares of the Multiplus-II and the CerboGX. now i see this exact same message in the remote console for Multiplus-II. if i update this, would my false overload alarms and warnings go?

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Probably not
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic