question

harrison88 avatar image
harrison88 asked

Multiplus 500W: 240V on shore power

Hello,

I have a MultiPlus 12/500/20. The company I purchased it from suggested I need to have one set of plug sockets that runs off the inverter and one set that runs off shore power. However, my gas fitter highlighted that the MultiPlus is intelligent enough to switch to shore power when I'm connected and that the sockets can then cover both. (i.e. 500W limit when running off the inverter, and the higher shore power limit when running off the shore power). Is this true?

Thanks!

shorepower
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Harrison88

Yes it is true. It is called conditional AC connect or virtual switch in the settings.

If you download victron connect you can open a demo product and see the options there.

It would do to check the datasheet however, there is a limit to how much extra you can pass through as the transfer switch is 16A and reconnecting to grid can take a few seconds. So overloads might occur, which is why you are encouraged to separate the loads. If you do add more loads also have a bypass switch.

screenshot-20230616-151849.jpg

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harrison88 avatar image harrison88 commented ·
Ah I see, thank you. So my maximum on shorepower through the inverter (rather than separating it out at a consumer unit first), would be the 16A? That's still 3840W if my maths is right... way more than I'd ever need for my van conversion. I was only going to have two sockets anyway so this might work.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ harrison88 commented ·
Power assist in the multiplus will add to the shore power input by kicking in the inverter synched to shore power. Very helpful if you're on limited shore power.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic