question

bazorp avatar image
bazorp asked

Ve Bus BMS V2 firmware

Can anyone tell me how to update the firmware in the VE Bus BMS V2. Manual says it can be done locally but as its not Bluetooth doesn't show on the victron connect app and pluging in the mk3 ve bus dongle just connects to the inverter.

Kind regards

Barry

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jpasop (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jpasop (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

The Firmware version of the VE.Bus BMS V2 is visible in VictronConnect in the product info screen of the Multi/Quattro. This requires a MK3-USB.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bazorp avatar image bazorp commented ·
Managed to finally update both the inverter and the VE Bus V2 BMS. Thank you for the info.

Kind regards

Barry

0 Likes 0 ·
brendanmitchell avatar image brendanmitchell commented ·
@jpasop (Victron Energy Staff) When I open the inverter in VictronConnect, I can see the product info for the BMS and a button to update the firmware. However, when I click update, the inverter shuts down early on and I get "Update Failed". The same happens when I try to update the inverter firmware while connected to the BMS.

If the inverter is disconnected from the BMS, I can update the inverter but not the BMS. If the inverter is connected to the BMS, I can update neither.

0 Likes 0 ·
jpasop (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image jpasop (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ brendanmitchell commented ·
Most likely there is a connection problem with pin6 in the Vebus cable. Pin6 is pulled to gnd during the update to keep the microcontroller in the inverter powered.
0 Likes 0 ·