question

xsr6466 avatar image
xsr6466 asked

Other people's installations in VRM portal!!

After login i see not only my installation!!

See picture.

Is this normal??screenshot-20230612-204502-chrome.jpg

installation
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

It's possible to add shared installations from other people. Are you sure you never did that?

0 Likes 0 ·
Barbara (Victron Energy) avatar image Barbara (Victron Energy) ♦ seb71 commented ·
To check if this is the case, could you log out and back in again? Shared sites are removed from your installation list in VRM after a new log in.
1 Like 1 ·
2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @XSR6466 ,

we take securtiy related reports very seriously and thus with urgency. Early this morning, this was escalated, logs were checked, and so forth and so forth.

An conclusion is that for 99.99% certainty this is due to you having somewhere opened that shared site.

What then happens can be quite confusing: the site remains visible in VRM, until you log out and back in. We'll improve that behaviour, since this is unnecessarily alarming now.

Thank you for the report! And please confirm as Barbara asked above.

Matthijs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

xsr6466 avatar image
xsr6466 answered ·

Hello Barbara, after a new login it disappeared. Do i have to alter any settings concerning Sharing?

1 comment
2 |3000

Barbara (Victron Energy) avatar image Barbara (Victron Energy) ♦ commented ·
Hi, sorry for the late response. You don't need to do anything, good that this disappeared!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic