question

Evan Something avatar image
Evan Something asked

Lynx Distributor megafuse sizing

So, my prior post failed to submit, and I'm not retyping it all.

Anyone ever experienced or dealt with a lynx distributor with bus bar posts too far apart? They are supposed to be 2", but mine are around 2-3/16th so my fuse doesn't fit.

img-2160.jpg

lynx distributor
img-2160.jpg (2.6 MiB)
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Evan Something

I found i had to drop mine down flat. Or on both side at the same time. You definitely can't put it down on one post then the other.

0 Likes 0 ·
Evan Something avatar image Evan Something Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Yeah, even that isn't possible, the negative bar is tilted/angled away instead of being straight up and down. I already put it for return, luckily its Amazon, so drop off the old one at wholefoods and the new one will be here in 2 days.

But i can see how from my pic it looks like one side is pushed down and it makes putting on the other side impossible.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Evan Something commented ·
And the case was not damaged? The bars are removable so possibly either not assembled correctly or damaged. Can't really see the angling of the bars in the picture.
0 Likes 0 ·
Evan Something avatar image Evan Something Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Dang, i already returned it, otherwise I'd check to see. The bars, from a side view, would be angled as if you held your fingers in a 'peace sign' -- but much less exaggerated. I accepted your answer though in case anyone else comes across this (and can't return it!)
0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image daza Evan Something commented ·

Where did you get the fuses from as there is no markings on them at all, I just got some Littelfuse and they fit it like a glove

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
cacer avatar image
cacer answered ·

try to losen the bottom screw on the left side a little bit, so that you can move it.

these are just normal screws, sitting in a lose plastic case.

search for video, where the lynx "power in" is been modified. there you can see, how it looks under the black plastic.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.