question

maxtosea avatar image
maxtosea asked

Why am I getting a low battery alarm?

I keep getting a low battery alarm but my batteries are at 96% 13.25v and the inverter keeps cutting off every time I use a high power appliance. This just started today. At first I got a error 17 code along with a Low battery alarm. But now it just says low battery alarm. Can someone help?

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

What kind of batteries? Where is the low battery alarm coming from? Bms or inverter? What inverter do you have and how is the system configured? Are you using ESS? More info is needed.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

maxtosea avatar image maxtosea commented ·
2 multiplus 2000 watt invertor paralel

Inverter alarm

I have 4 330ah life-po4 batteries

No ess

The system was running fine until this morning i got an error 17 along with a low battery alarm it reset itself and now everytime I use the microwave washing machine or high power appliance it trips the alarm saying low voltage battery but my batteries are almost full.

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas maxtosea commented ·
As far as the error 17 just a guess but I would say probably just related to the low battery shutdown of the inverter. Slave loses coms to the master when the master shuts down due to the low battery situation. Put a multi meter on the battery lugs on each multi and monitor the voltage at the lugs while applying a heavy load and see what the voltage reading is at the multi when it gives the low voltage alarm. I'm guessing you might have a loose or faulty connection between the battery and the multi, causing the shut down under moderate loads. Check all battery connections for corrosion, oxidation, and proper torque.
1 Like 1 ·
maxtosea avatar image maxtosea derrick thomas commented ·
I'll check all the cables but I think this is some firmware issue. About a week ago i updated a firmware and started getting a bad data error in VRM saying victron was working on a fix then this morning i had this issue.
1 Like 1 ·
maxtosea avatar image maxtosea maxtosea commented ·
Solved:: it was the connection from the battery to the main inverter was loose probably from vibration on the boat . I put lock washers on it hopefully that helps
0 Likes 0 ·
brucesterj avatar image brucesterj maxtosea commented ·
LMAO.. Firmware indeed.. Your nuts and bolts weren't FIRMly tightened enough.

Just had to say it. But I'm here researching the same issue and looking for answers. I recently had a MPII installed on my RV and recall the electrician saying something about connecting a wire(s) to something different. It does work.. but can't get it to use more solar. ESS won't work as I'm on shore power but setting it up to be offgrid.

0 Likes 0 ·
maxtosea avatar image
maxtosea answered ·

Thanks for all your help

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic