question

dje67 avatar image
dje67 asked

Multiplus 12/1600 shows error on VictronConnect

18fc4cdb-f444-4feb-82bc-f5deea6027d4.jpegMy EasySolar 12/1600 multiplus seems to be showing an error when I connect using VictronConnect on IOS, via Bluetooth dongle.

Maybe also related, but when off grid I am unable to request ‘invert mode’ via my phone, although I can manually switch the front panel to on and it works ok.

Thoughts?

EasyPlus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@dje67

I dont see an error there.

The little orange circle with exclamation by the gear cog means there is a firmware update available though.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dje67 avatar image dje67 commented ·

Thanks, Alexandra. It was indeed a software update that was causing the ! mark. New to Victron, so finding out the hard way how it all hangs together. Update on Bluetooth dongle implemented, and ‘error’ message now gone. I’d been having a few battery issues recently and, wrongly, assumed that my inverter/charger had latched-in an error message because of that.

Also realised that I cannot ‘override’ the ‘charger only’ switch position by Bluetooth. Hence the reason I couldn’t force the inverter into life when at anchor on my boat with no shore power. Selecting ‘on’ makes everything work as I need it to. I had it in my mind that I could override the ‘charger only’ switch position via my phone/Bluetooth. Clearly not the case…

Lots to learn…..

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ dje67 commented ·

No worries. We all started knowing nothing.

I assume you dont have a GX right now then.

I can switch my inverter to on off and charger only with the ve bus Bluetooth dongle and also change the input current limit. Its a neat little item. And get a readout on what's going on.

Also have it on a 12/1600 multiplus.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic