question

Marcel avatar image
Marcel asked

Is it possible to have/get a "PV production tile" on the AC-in side in the remote control view?

If I couple my two PV systems that I have to "ac out" in the remote control settings, I will see a yellow PV tile on the remote control that shows PV production. If I configure them to be on the "ac in" side I don't get/see that tile. Is there a way to accomplish this or am I doing something wrong?

To make it clear: I do have a ET112 configured as a grid meter. Both PV systems are working fine and show up in the device list of the remote control. The (red) ac tile is showing the correct values when feeding in to the grid or importing power from it. The ac load tile (green) also shows the correct valuesthen. I don't have a multiples (yet) in my system. I just want to test out first the Victron remote console and VDM for now to see if I like it.

I would just like to have a tile on the screen showing what the production is from those two PV inverters. Is that somehow possible?

If I configure one of them to be on the ac out side it shows me a PV tile.

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
dayandnight avatar image
dayandnight answered ·

Hello @Marcel ,

I solved this three years ago by installing and configuring an AC Current sensor - # CSE000100000 for each phase. You will find a description how I managed it here in the forum.

remoteconsole.jpg

With this sensors it works perfect. But keep in mind it needs about 24 hours to be calibrated automatically!

You wrote that you see already a PV Inverter on the AC-OUT side. I am wondering how it could work without an external measuring? I guess the Multiplus-II can interpret incoming current as PV-based energy by direction of energy flow. But in case on AC-OUT you have parallel to PV Inverter AC consumers, too which uses all or part of the PV energy, how can be shown correct values?

Servus - DayAndNight

remoteconsole.jpg (114.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Marcel avatar image
Marcel answered ·

@DayAndNight ,

Thanks! That is exactly what I mean and would like to accomplish. Will look in to the link you mentioned. I have only 1 fase to deal with btw.

I'm not sure how it worked back then but it did! And if I remember correctly it showed the correct values. I did not know anything about VRM or a multiplus (or how this worked). I did not even own one. Just wanted to see and find out if it was something for me. So I made the mistake configuring the PV at the "wrong" side in the remote control setting page. Maybe because there was no real multiplus connected it worked?

I was not correct in saying that the (green) load tile is showing correct values now when I configure my two PV systems to AC-in. It won't show the house load correctly if the PV is providing more power then the house needs at that moment. It will show zero then. And I understand why.

2 |3000

Marcel avatar image
Marcel answered ·

@DayAndNight Nice write up regarding the use of current sensors. All clear to me now. I guess that is the way to go for me then in the future. I guess I have to wait to test all this, because I do not own a Multiplus yet sadly enough.

There are two aux inputs on that Multiplus, so that should be enough for my two PV installations.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. Its much appreciated.

2 |3000