question

p-rogalski avatar image
p-rogalski asked

Easysolar 2 GX solar voltage dropping after error 38

Hi there,

My EasySollar developed error 38 on the MPPT. Since then the system is running on the battery and the solar connection although it has the correct voltage (shown on the multimeter) after connecting drops to around 1V.

I have disconnected all the panels and try to connect them one by one but the system still does exactly the same thing. Not sure where to look now.

Appreciate any help.

EasySolar All-in-Oneerror 38
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@P. Rogalski

The PV input is shorted when error 38 is there.

The instructions for recovery are in the link.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

p-rogalski avatar image p-rogalski commented ·

I'm sorry I forgot to add I have followed the instruction with no improvements.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

At the end of the instructions it says if it does not clear then it is faulty.

It should clear when the battery voltage drops.

The other thing you can try is a factory reset on the MPPT and power cycle it, then set it up again. (PV off untill reprogrammed)

2 |3000

p-rogalski avatar image
p-rogalski answered ·

Brilliant. I only wished I could avoid it being faulty.

It sees the battery voltage and sees a glimpse of the solar voltage - around 1V.

Not sure how to factory reset it? I reset it to the default settings and standard power down.

Thank you for your help

2 |3000

p-rogalski avatar image
p-rogalski answered ·

guys, I also noticed something in the app.

In the MPPt status section: it has Virtual load output - ON and relay - ON.

Is there a way to switch this off?

2 |3000

david-brozik avatar image
david-brozik answered ·

@P. Rogalski Hi, did you manage to find a fix this issue? Having the same problem right now. Thanks !

1 comment
2 |3000

p-rogalski avatar image p-rogalski commented ·

Yes, but it required sending the whole unit for repair. They have replaced the MPPT with a new one. In my case, for some reason the PV line shorted out, causing a critical fault. No factory resets would help in my case.

It took 6 weeks to get it sorted - repaired!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic