question

randallemarshall avatar image
randallemarshall asked

How do I re-enable the Cerbo GX built-in access point?

At some point I disabled or turned off the built-in access point for the Cerbo GX. My Cerbo GX is connected to my local wifi so I have access to the remote console. Attached is a picture that shows I have "Create access point" enabled but there's no configuration options. And it goes without saying that my phone and laptop cannot find the venus-HQ196... SSID.cerbo-create-access-point.png

For some strange reason the bluetooth light on the Cerbo GX will not light. As such, I cannot connect with VictronConnect. I would love to access these pages through the app. This screenshot is not mine. But when the bluetooth did work 1 month ago I swear I only saw settings for connecting to my home wifi network and not the built-in access point.

cerbo-network.png

So what's the secret here to access the internal Cerbo GX access point? Thank you!

cerbo gx
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

randallemarshall avatar image randallemarshall commented ·
I don't think the "Create access point" option is doing anything. I've disabled and re-enabled it. I'm hesitant to factory reset the unit as I honestly can't remember everything I configured in the past.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
skyhhi avatar image
skyhhi answered ·

Under right side is a small hole near the power in connection. You can take a paper clip and straighten the end and press it into the small hole. Press short, toggle Wifi acccess point and bluetooth on/off. Press long reset network settings. You only want to do a short press for the bluetooth turn on. A short press is very quick., then wait for the led to start blinking.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.