question

kljung avatar image
kljung asked

Venus OS MFD integration on Simrad makes the plotter unresponsive

I'm running the Venus OS v2.30~43 on my Venus GX connected to my local lan on my boat, I have one Simrad NSS12 Evo 2 and one Simrad NSS7 Evo 3 conntected to the same lan.

The Victron icon is displayed on both plotters and I can access the Victron UI.

But the Victron icon "flickers" a bit on both plotters like every 10:s second, like it re-connect to the Venus, the Venus integration also makes the plotters a bit unresponsive when navigating on the home page and in settings page, sometimes I press an icon on homepage and the sound of pressing the screen is sounded but nothing happens, I then press again and the plotter loads the selected feature.

If I disconnect the Venus from my lan and when the Victron icon disappear from the plotters home page, the plotters works as expected and are much more responsive when navigating in menus, settings etc.

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

the latest firmware is 2.31 so as this integration is as far as I know still beta, It would be best to always be on the latest firmware, for both the Venus and the Simrad gear

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kljung avatar image kljung commented ·

I actually run the latest version 2.31 now that I checked, it updates itself.

I also wish that you could disable the function, it does not help to disable the MQTT service.

0 Likes 0 ·
Greg Ireland avatar image
Greg Ireland answered ·

Hi, I have connected my Venus GX and Simrad NSO Evo 2 (both using the latest firmware v2.33 and 62.1.108 respectively) and am experiencing identical issues to the OP. The Victron icon pulses every 10 seconds and the functionality of the MFD is abnormal (like comms is being interrupted)

All other functionality seems normal for both systems.

Are there any known fixes for this?

Greg

2 |3000

Andreas Jaunsen avatar image
Andreas Jaunsen answered ·

As I am just now reading that Simrad MFDs can be hooked up to Venus GX, I am wondering, will the Venus GX (latest firmware) also support connection to a B&G Zeus3 MFD?

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Dear @kljung, please be informed that today we released a firmware version, Venus OS v2.51, which addresses a connectivity issue between our components and Simrad plotters.

More information in this blogpost:

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2020/03/02/venus-os-v2-51-various-small-improvements/

2 |3000

Related Resources