question

victech-power avatar image
victech-power asked

Community Login - forgot password site leads to "page not found"

I can not reset the password for my personal account via the procedure presented.
When I click "Forgot your password", I need to provide my email address.
I get a nice link which should get me to reset my password however I get pointed to a "page not found".
I tested on Mac, Windows, Chrome, Safari, Edge but no luck , always I get "page not found"
This problem also applies to other accounts I tested.
I also do not have a possibility to send an email to an admin and I really want to use my personal account. ( ps this post is done with our company email ).

victron community
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

victech-power avatar image victech-power commented ·
Small update : I have been approached by Victron Community Tech Support. They are helping me getting me to have my account reset. Which is great.

But I also provided step by step screenshots of the reset process to ensure they can check their logging and explain why this is happening to some users.

Please note that I used many ecosystems and also different internet service providers to ensure there is full isolation of each environment when reproducing the issue.

Keep you posted and hopefully with my personal account next time ;-)..

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
cramik avatar image
cramik answered ·

Hi, I'm in the same situation.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cramik avatar image cramik commented ·

After clicking on the link in the email received following my request for a new password, I'm apparently logged in. The Page Not Found is also obtained when going to "My preferences", which is probably linked to the same error.

0 Likes 0 ·
victech-power avatar image victech-power cramik commented ·
I recall that I experienced the same somewhere down the line too. But the login was not really "clean". I missed certain pages and buttons but I was sure I was "in the system". Hav e not been able to reproduce that one though.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·
2 |3000

cramik avatar image
cramik answered ·

Solved for me this morning. It works fine.

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi All,

This was to do with a spam prevention measure, hopefully corrected now.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic