question

wadlith avatar image
wadlith asked

IP65 10a charger seems stuck on abs (absorption) with 0 current

I am using my IP65 12v 10a charger for the first time. I am charging my Ionic brand 12v 100aH deep cycle battery that was at 91%. I am using the li-ion setting.

The charger first entered the bulk stage and after an hour or so entered the abs (absorption) phase. The Victron app shows it is at 14.2V and 0 current and has been like that a couple hours. My Ionic battery has a BMS and also shows zero current. I would expect the charger to enter Float or Storage when it reaches 0 current. Why is it sitting at abs and 0 current?

ip65
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The zero current will be because the BMS has terminated charge, possibly due to overvoltage, possibly due to full battery.

If the battery settings aren't correct in the charger, it won't switch to float. It sounds as if you're using a default setting, not one that's based on the makers recommendations for your battery.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
It will drop to float when it gets to float voltage set in the profile. If nothing is drawing the voltage down, it will stay there until it self discharges to that.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic