question

jem avatar image
jem asked

Electric car has V2L... best way to inject it in the house?

I'm considering a car with V2L. It can push up to 3500Watts AC via its 240V outlet to power appliances.

My Victron installation is made of:

- 3x Multiplus II 5000 + cerbo GX

- 16x pylontech US3000c

- 3x SmartSolar 250 100

- 45x Trina Vertex S 405

I wondered if there is already a Victron component that could take AC in and contribute to charing the batteries via the same circuit as the SmartSolar's DC out.

if not, what would be the best option?

Thanks!

Multiplus-IIoffgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
janvi avatar image
janvi answered ·

Skylla TG Charger ?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

moto501 avatar image
moto501 answered ·

I also have this requirement so am keen to see what can be done here. Essentially, can we use the AC-Out side as a generator input? I know with V2G we will be able to sit on the AC-In side and deal with the anti-islanding requirements etc for grid connect, but until then V2L doesn't not know how to deal with this. Thats why leveraging Victron in some way will enable new possibilities for EV owners.

2 |3000

janvi avatar image
janvi answered ·

For Europe, this seems still a problem with the electricity tax why there are no rules from the law about V2G and V2H. As car manufactureres do not allow to use their DC without driving, any AC outlet option seems the only easy way to support the 48V system by any charger.

2 |3000