question

adamr100 avatar image
adamr100 asked

Tank GX Reading Always 1v

Hello. I have a tank GX plugged into my RPi based set up. I have this sensor: Longzhuo Liquid Level Transmitter, TL-136 Liquid Level Transmitter Water Level Sensor Detector 12-32VDC 4-20mA Signal Output for Precision Measuring(1/2/3/4/5M)(0-2M) https://amzn.eu/d/6hyLNjz

The signal from the tank reads 1v continuously no matter how full or empty the tank is

What am I doing wrong? Thank you

tank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

In the settings menu for the tank sensor have you selected "current" for the sensor type?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adamr100 avatar image adamr100 commented ·
It was voltage I’ve just changed to current and it’s 0.5 I topped up waited a few mins and still reads the same. Dumped some water and the same again.
0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas adamr100 commented ·

Red wire of the sensor needs to be connected to either a +voltage source (same source as the main battery) or to one of the tank140 Vout(channel 1 to 4). Channels 1 and 2 Vout are only supplied when there is a voltage source connected to the vin ext. Power(left side of the tank 140). If you are using the tank140 to supply power to the sensors without connecting a power source to ext. Power input, you MUST use channel 3 or 4. The black wire from the sensor connects to In of the appropriate channel. The sensor you have linked to does NOT use a ground. There should be nothing connected to the ground terminal of the tank140 channel input. That is used for voltage sensors.

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas derrick thomas commented ·
Also check the update frequency in the tank setup menu. I would set it to 5 to 10 seconds.
0 Likes 0 ·