question

andre67 avatar image
andre67 asked

feature request : link on the dashboard to solar energy forecast

I would like that Victron engineers will implement a usefull feature for users who want to otimize energy consumption.

Currently dashbord shows on right-lower side a widget that indicates weather via an icon and temperature in °C.

An easy function would be to have a hyper-link on this existing widget, that will open a small web page showing hour per hour the forecasted solar energy depending on the localization of the installation.

dashboard-20230527-day.png

SMA has such a feature that helps the user to manage and program the priorities & starting hours of the heavy loads (wash-machine, heating pump,...)

sma-forecast.jpg

Home Assistant with Forecast Solar api gives me currently this information, as well as the Tomorrow forecast estimation.

homeassistant-solar-production-forecast.jpg

I hope this proposal will be taken into account by Victron Engineers because it would help the Victron Community.

Have a sunny day !

dashboard display
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Solar forecast integrates into nodered on the GX already and can be accessed remotely via dashboards.

There are some big plans in this area, so be patient and you may be surprised.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andre67 avatar image
andre67 answered ·

Thank you, do you know the forecasted deadline of the "big surprise" ?

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·
2 comments
2 |3000

andre67 avatar image andre67 commented ·

Hello,SolarForecast_Comments René Griesmar.pngsolar forecast records René Griesmar.txt

During these few days (from 01/07 to 05/07), have tested the beta version for the VRM solar forecast.

Please find hereafter my comments and the recorded data (if you need I can send you all screen shots with timestamp) :

1-Layout

- Could you please show lower case numbers for the 4 items : To Grid, From Grid, Consumption, Solar ?

Same heigth as main items above GRID, LOADS, INVERTER, ....

- Could you also reduce space of the gaps as shown on picture ?

In order to have all information on the screen, without having to roll down and up.

2-Content

- No need to write "recorded" 4 times. Please remove "recorded"

- just write "Forecast" and "Total" using italic characters : "Forecast" and "Total"

3-Accuracy

- I noticed that every hour at hh:01 forecast is updated. Could you please update the numbers at hh:00 ? or better at hh-1:59 ? In order that users who check will use good numbers at hh:00 ; bacause actualy the numbers at hh:00 are changed at hh:01.

- accuracy is better than forecast that I receive on my Home Assistant with the integration= Forecast.Solar. Gap = between 2 and 3 times less for Victron = VERY GOOD for Victron VRM Solar Forecast

4-New Wish

- could you add the solar forecast for Tomorrow ; this will be usefull for users in order for them to manage loads and battery, by anticipating the next day weather

THANKS IN ADVANCE

1 Like 1 ·
andre67 avatar image andre67 commented ·

Thank you so much ! I am testing... wait & see for feedback

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic