question

marc-heide avatar image
marc-heide asked

Pylontech with fisher panda agt generator

Is there someone over here that has a lot of fisher panda knowledge?

Ik saw the fisher panda agt dc generator.

I would like to know if i can connect the fisher panda directly to the battery bank.

How do i manage charge voltage and current?

With kind regards,

Marc

Multiplus-IIGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Did you read the Datasheet from Fisher?

The Output current depend on the battery Voltage and the generator charge up to 57,6V.

It is designed for Lead-Acid/AGM/Gel batteries, but with more then 10kW output power, it is ment for VERY LARGE battery banks, hence =>1000Ah @48V or better in the range of 2000Ah and up!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marc-heide avatar image marc-heide commented ·

Thank you for your response. I have troubles finding the information i need about the Fisher panda AGT generators.

do you know if it would function properly with Lithium ion instead of Lead-Acid/AGM/Gel batteries?

i am not shure what technology they use and if it causes maybe a lot of peak voltages with lithium battery's.

0 Likes 0 ·

There is no special technology used, no electronic which can be adjusted. Since you can not limit the current from the Generator, the Batteries MUST support at least a charging current of 300A because it charge without any conditions!

You can use a 500A SmartShunt to measure the current, but you can NOT use the BatteryProtect 220 because you can exceed the 220A over longer period.

The Generator is designed as Marine Generator, hence Lead-Acid batteries.

It is a very risky business if you want to try it with expensive LiFePO4 batteries.

2 |3000

2 |3000

P.S.: I consider buying the AGT 4000-24V and my (current small) batteries support 1200A of charging current. ;-)

The new ones can be theoretical 4500A, but then I have no power cables 70mm² anymore

2 |3000