question

bigal avatar image
bigal asked

VRM Portal - SoC different

Hi All,

I have a BMV712 and a corresponding shunt on my house batteries on my boat.

Recently I added a smart-shunt to my start battery, and also resync'd my batteries to 100% SoC.

Then the other day I noticed that the battery state on the dashboard and the SoC graph don't match.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Al

sss1.jpg

sss2.jpg

cerbo gx
sss1.jpg (35.8 KiB)
sss2.jpg (55.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The Cerbo is only showing one battery. Probably start.

Check your wiring.

Try naming each shunt/BMV. And click on show details, then post another screen shot.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bigal avatar image
bigal answered ·

So does each shunt need to be wired to the Cerbo - I think one shunt (Start) goes to cerbo one (House) goes to BMV712.

Raises the question: should both shunts, MPPT controller and BMV all be wired to the Cerbo?

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@bigal

The dashboard is using a different shunt to the one your widget is reading from.

VRM dashboard will only show one shunt or one SOC, preferred usually is the house battery. So what eveer one that is set as the system monitor that is the one that is shown there.

You would need to load separate widgets for each shunt for individual monitoring (or one custom widget showing all shunts) after that in the advanced section. Or you can enable them to be visible in the bottom of the dashboard. [system set up -battery measurements - enable/visible on MFD)

What you connect to your cerbo determines how much information about your system you have in the VRM. If it is not wired/connected... No information. That does not make sense as you already have the Cerbo. So connect them.

2 |3000

bigal avatar image
bigal answered ·

Where do I check which shunt (and change it) the GUI/Dashboard is using?

Thanks!

2 |3000