question

siegfrid avatar image
siegfrid asked

EV-CS problems

Hello, I have an EV Charging Station and I can not integrate it with the CCGX or via VRM. When I first set it up, I only get as far as "Scan", I click on the IP displayed after that from my TP-Link Wifi Reapater, which is in my garage. The following attempt to connect does not succeed. After clic on Next comes "On 192.168.0.1 the following is displayed- Configuration at least on AP! 4.) In the Password field, enter the external WLAN password and click Next. When I do that, nothing happens is not possible. I have a TP-Link Wifi Repeater in Garage, this has the same IP as the CCGX in the house. I still have the old firmware V3.3/1.22 on the EVCS. When I try to upgrade to the new firmware with the CCGX via Micro SD or USB stick it tells me that there is no firmware file on the media. I would be very grateful for help.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

12 Answers
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi, I'm not sure if I understand the whole configuration, but you are saying that the same IP address is configured on both repeater and CCGX? If yes, then it's not ok, every device should have a different IP address.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

siegfrid avatar image
siegfrid answered ·

Hi Lucian. Thanks for the quick reply. The CCGX is connected to a dongle via wifi, in the same house where the router is. I can access this CCGX remotely via VRM. The EVCS should connect to the network range extender in the garage, it does not. It shows me on my smartphone that I have two wifi there, that EVCS-HQ2231.... with IP: 192.168.0.1 What do I have to enter now when setting up the EVCS. I don't get a connection when I try after the "scan" with the displayed IP from the extender. Should I do it manual, but how, which IP should I use then?

2 |3000

siegfrid avatar image
siegfrid answered ·

Hi, I have now managed to get to the point WIFI under Settings, but when I click on Safe always comes the error message: An erroroccurred during appliying of new settings ! Please verify settings and try again. Also with Backup&FW it does not go further. I have downloaded the package "EVCS_Main_FW_OTA_V01.25_C025.evcsup" to the mobile phone. But every time I want to save it it aborts with the message "Fail to upload file!" I'm really frustrated

2 |3000

siegfrid avatar image
siegfrid answered ·

Hi, the EVCS now has the latest firmware v1.25/3.3.

But neither a wifi hotspot, nor Bluetooth connect. I cannot connect CCGX to the EVCS, therefore no display in CCGX and in the VRM of the EVCS.

When adding EVCS Modbus TCP Server with Discover I get an empty "Select GX device from the list". I am standing next to the ECVS and connected to the EVCS-HQ2231... network. I can't configure the EVCS any other way. But the CCGX runs with the internet from the house which I also have with a TP-Link Powerline in the garage. Both are recognised in the garage.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 comment
2 |3000

is the EVCS connected to the wifi now?
0 Likes 0 ·
siegfrid avatar image
siegfrid answered ·

Is that correct that the IP that was already present before the installation remains on the EVCS 192.168.0.1. But with it I was able to install the firmware upgrade and also do the setups.

2 |3000

siegfrid avatar image
siegfrid answered ·

But I have no entry in the list to install the EVCS in the VRM or in the CCGX.

2 |3000

Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

the IP should be different when connected to your wifi.

Let's have a test – please configure your phone as a hotspot and try to connect the EVCS to that hotspot

2 |3000

siegfrid avatar image
siegfrid answered ·

Can you explain this to me, what do you mean by the IP should be different? "The EVCS should have a different IP than the CCGX"?

I have tried the hotspot several times, but it doesn't work. I am standing very close to the EVCS with the mobile phone about 10 cm away. I can only connect to the EVCS via EVCS-HQ2231493VZ per 192.168.0.1, everything else does not work.

1 comment
2 |3000

What doesn't work? Please try again and share pictures. Is the charging station connecting you to the hotspot from your phone?
0 Likes 0 ·
ton-gans avatar image
ton-gans answered ·

When you first install the EV charger the wifi is set as wifi hotspot. You have to connect with a laptop to this EV hotspot and change the wifi setting to station. Then you can scan your wifi network.

2 |3000

siegfrid avatar image
siegfrid answered ·

I have done it all like this.

2 |3000

siegfrid avatar image
siegfrid answered ·

After the scan, my Wifi is displayed by the router to which the CCGX is also connected. But when adding EVCS Modbus TCP Server with Discover I get an empty "Select GX device from the list".

2 |3000

siegfrid avatar image
siegfrid answered ·

Hi, successful! With Bluetooth I could now set up everything with the EVCS. Everything seems to be working now, I will try tomorrow to see if I can charge the car. In the end, the error was in the router with a wrong setting. Thank you and good bye, Siegfrid

2 |3000