question

way2fast avatar image
way2fast asked

Alternative methods to connect smart shunt to Cerbo GX?

I own a 2022 Newmar 3412 class A motorhome. It is equipped with a Victron Cerbo GX, Touch 50, and a MultiPlus 12/3000/120. The MultiPlus is installed in one of the cargo bays beneath the coach. The Cerbo GX / Touch 50 is in a small cabinet above the drivers seat. These two items are joined by an RJ45 wiring cable that was run through the walls of the RV while it was being assembled. I am not getting a battery % readout on the Color 50 with my current setup, and can't figure out how to do that. My research so far indicates that I need a BMS of some sort to be able to display that info.

My question is: I'd like to install an IP65 Smart Shunt (or similar battery monitor device - possibly a Lynx)...but I cannot find a way to direct connect the VE.Connect cable (can't find a way to fish it through the walls and ceiling) to the Cerbo GX. Is there another way to connect the VE.Connect cable or the smart shunt to the Cerbo GX, for example with a bluetooth dongle? Could I use the Lynx and daisy chain it to the Multiplus and have it connect to the Cerbo that way? Looking for suggestions on what to buy, and how best to proceed.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

You might be able to do it with a ve.direct to USB adapter plugged into a USB to ZigBee adapter

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.