question

Matt drummond bell avatar image
Matt drummond bell asked

Pv assistant

Hi I thought I d try out grid tie inverter on our standalone system, but I can’t find the reduction freq or minimum freq for sunny boy sb2500? The only freq I can find on spec is 49.8-50.02

Any ideas? I don’t want to load assistant with wrong data! Cheers

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

even if you do load the assistant you can change the setting latter.

the frequency shift settings are in the sunny boy so you will need to contact them.

or try 50.5Hz 51Hz and 54Hz that should cover the range IF ITS SETUP in the sunny boy.that is

you will need to test this very carefully to make sure that the sunny boy responds.

NOTE the victron inverters can ONLY Freq Shit up if the mains are OFF

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matt drummond bell avatar image
Matt drummond bell answered ·

Great thanks for getting back, sma weren’t very helpful but the shut off is at 50.2hz. So at 54 it would have shut off well before?

As for mains off do you mean the ac in which isn’t connected as we don’t have anyway, or do you mean no draw on the outlet side?

Many thanks matt

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Mains off on ac1 in

normally most of the Grid tie inverters can have there shut offs changed so you can derate by 50% ot 50.2 then 75% at 52 and full shut off at say 53h

these are just examples to give you a full idea

if yours shuts off at 50.2 thats also fine just make sure it does do that, you just dont get the advantage of using a de rating and thus not loosing all the solar in one hit, thats all

0 Likes 0 ·