question

tronegeden avatar image
tronegeden asked

Easysolar II GX 5000 250/100 MPPT went off suddenly

My EasySolar II GX 48/5000 was running fine until this morning. I've got 4 batteries (4x12 250Amp) and 4 panels (410W each)

Today was a sunny day and the sun was bright all day through.

I don't know why but the EasySolar panel displays "Solar OFF 0 w" and a voltage level being exactly the same to the batteries level.

To check the installation I disconnected the solar panels and I measured the output being 92 volts which was a normal value . After reconnecting the panels the voltage (input on the MPPT ) dropped to the battery level (the voltage level collapsed) It's seem the MPPT 250|100 is not working at all.

Anyone could help understand and fix this issue ?

Thank you very much for advise and help

Philippe

MPPT ControllersEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@tronegeden I don't know why but the EasySolar panel displays "Solar OFF 0 w" and a voltage level being exactly the same to the batteries level.

Solar volts = battery volts normally indicates that there is a bad connection between the array and the mppt.

Check the cables, fuses/breakers and connections for soundness.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tronegeden avatar image tronegeden commented ·
Correct ! I double checked and found this : the protection diodes in between two string blew up ! Maybe overcurrent did that. anyway thank's very much for your advise. Cheers
0 Likes 0 ·