question

dave langsdale avatar image

my multi plus bmv 12/3000/120 inverter wont run my washing machine

i have a zanussi aqua cycle1300 [3kg]washer.even with engine running wont work it tries to start .led lights constantly flash on and off washer works fine on shoreline or with my1800 generator any ideas ?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Cyberhom avatar image

Hi Dave

Did you get a resolution to your washing machine and inverter issue, As I have the same problem.

Paul

3 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Cyberhom in another topic from the same user, it turns out the washing machine was a 60Hz model, while the inverter was set to 50HZ:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/18194/i-have-a-123000120-on-a-new-build-narrow-boat-but.html

Cyberhom avatar image Cyberhom Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ·

Hi Daniel

My washing machine is definitely 50Hz.

I have tried all the combinations with the DIP switches. Setting to 50Hz 60Hz 220 and 240v. No change.

I do not have VE Config, but following my user manual all appears to be adjustable utilising the dip switches?

Hi @Cyberhom

I'd get a MK3-USB cable and do programming and troubleshooting with a computer, this makes life so much easier...

Paul B avatar image

Check that the Inverter has been set to the CORRECT Hz I suspect you have it set to 50Hz where it should be 60Hz

you will need a MK3 and Ve Configure to check and change the setting to 60hz

If it is set incorrectly

it will work fine when mains or the generator is connected as it will change to 60hz however once the mains or gen are disconected it would change back to 50Hz