question

mike-moody avatar image
mike-moody asked

VenusGX unable to connect

Good day all

Recently connected a Venus GX for an ESS system. The Venus showed up on the wifi networks but later disappeared. I tried on several devices without success. I 'Forgot network' to see if it would become visible but nothing. Connected directly via ethernet and tried to add installation on VRM but it did not accept VRM ID !

How can I reboot the Venus without being able to access its wifi or via VRM?

Thanks.

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

turn its main power off and back on preforms a reset

make sure you upgrade the FW to 2.31 as there have been wifi fixes in that firmware version

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mike-moody avatar image mike-moody commented ·

Thanks Paul. Updated firmware as soon as i was able to reconnect.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi Mike,

Please read this part of the manual for the VenusGX that runs through the options for when you are having difficulties connecting to a VenusGX.

2 comments
2 |3000

mike-moody avatar image mike-moody commented ·

Thanks Guy - sorted !

I must have missed that part of the literature !

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ mike-moody commented ·

These manuals are constantly updated as we get feedback from users like you about how they can be improved.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources