question

invisiblecities3 avatar image
invisiblecities3 asked

Connect Digital Multi Control and VE.Bus Smart Dongle to MultiPlus?

I have a MultiPlus 2000, a Digital Multi Control, and a VE.Bus Smart Dongle. I've made and tested for proper pinouts with a Molex tester two Cat6 RJ45 cables using 568B pinouts to connect between the two VE.Bus receptacles on my MultiPlus and the two downstream devices. Neither work as expected.

When I plug the Digital Multi Control into the business end of one of the Cat6 cables, the Digital Multi Control LEDs all just sit there and blink in unison, and the three-way switch has no apparent effect.

When I plug the powered up VE.Bus Smart Dongle into the business end of the other Cat6 cable, it shuts down the MultiPlus.

It's obvious to me I'm doing something wrong, but extensive searching of the three manuals, this forum, and the wonders of the Interwebz has yielded no insight for me.

How does one get VE.Bus toys to play nicely with a MultiPlus?

multiplus ve.bus
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

invisiblecities3 avatar image invisiblecities3 commented ·

Do I need to remove the "Remote On/Off" jumper on the MultiPlus to get the Digital Multi Control to behave?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B invisiblecities3 commented ·
No thats not required, thats for a separte remote on off switch
0 Likes 0 ·
invisiblecities3 avatar image invisiblecities3 Paul B commented ·

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
invisiblecities3 avatar image
invisiblecities3 answered ·

Closing the loop: user error terminating the RJ45 cable end.

Bought a good tester, immediately identified my error, re-terminated correctly, all works as expected.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Also check the fw version

xxxx497

May 23, 2022

• Bug fix (similar to the bug fix in xxxx492).
    It proved that (in rare cases) with firmwares xxxx495 upto xxxx496 the Multi could get ‘stuck’ in the off state.
    It could not be switched on anymore neither locally nor remote. The low battery LED will be on when the unit is switched on even if the battery voltage is OK.
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic